Yum. And pretty. And easy. And according to my hubby “fancy.” While the asparagus are roasting, throw together this simple glaze, and you’ll have an elegant, tasty, and healthy side.
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Pepper Glaze
- 15 asparagus
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 T canola oil
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1 t light agave
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
3. Wash asparagus, pat dry, and cut off stems.
4. Lay asparagus on baking sheet and drizzle with 1 T canola oil, and use your hands to toss and coat the asparagus.
5. Sprinkle asparagus with salt and pepper.
6. Roast for 20 min.
7. While asparagus roasts, place a pan over low heat and add lemon juice, oil, agave, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
8. Raise heat to medium high and let glaze boil for approximately 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Reduce heat to simmer and let thicken, stirring frequently. The glaze should end up with a syrupy consistency.
10. Remove asparagus from oven, place on serving dish, and pour all of the glaze over the asparagus.
11. Eat while warm. Enjoy!