I love jam!! I put jam on whole grain toast, mix it into oatmeal, use it in various desserts and as an ice cream topping. Here is a delicious recipe for blueberry jam using Agave as a sweetener and no canning is necessary! This recipe makes about a cup and a half of jam. It will keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks – watch it for mold. This jam could not be ANY easier to make!! I adapted this recipe from A Single Mom Cooks Vegan.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 cup agave
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
1. Mix all ingredients in large, deep pan.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Lower heat to simmer and let simmer uncovered for approximately 2 hours.
4. To test if jam is done: Place a teaspoon in the freezer for a few minutes. Once it is cold, scoop a small amount of the jam from the pan onto the spoon and return to freezer for 3 minutes. Push jam with your finger to see if it wrinkles up/jiggles (like any good jam should!!).
5. Remove pan from hot stovetop and allow to cool.
6. Store in mason jar or airtight container in the refrigerator.